Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Pan

1441258346_FlutePan


I had lunch today with Pan.


–A birthday party;


he comes each year,


to eat oats and honey.


–Life’s nectar,


and to tell me that all is okay, all right, blessed.cactus-flower-090215-1-500


Though reassuring, I don’t believe his devilish lies.


“It could be better,” I say.


He takes a sip of orange tea.


–Nibbles a tidbit of raisin bread toast with strawberry jam.


“There are special ones who feel deeply, but lose joy,” he says.


‘They are the most vulnerable,” I add thoughtfully as I take a scolding tone,


“Don’t talk with your mouth full.”


“Is there any other way?” he asks.


The sun is at sky’s peak and we laugh.


 


photo courtesy of Blake Webster


www.mediadesignservices.com



Pan

No comments:

Post a Comment